Search This Blog

Dec 21, 2009

The Story of Peter Connelly "Baby P"

I heard about "Baby P" when it happened in August 2007. And I thought it was - well I had some bad words to say about it then. And what I got to say now ain't all that pretty either.
I watched a video about the story of Peter Connelly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E1rKYrP_DY - I cried, so did my aunt. How can you hurt a child, hurt it so much you eventually killed it?! It's sickening and the little hope I had for humankind is barely existing at the moment.
I know that many have the urge to hit a child when that child is being hard to deal with but there's not many (that I know personally) that have actually acted on that urge. It's the same urge to hit someone when they do something you dislike - most of us can handle the urge. Let it pass... but the people that can't those are the people that end up hurting innocent. A child who can't fight for him/herself, has no chance to do anything. And what can you do at that point? I hope that I can stop someone if I see them hurting a child(or another person for that matter) but unless in a situation like that I can't say what I'll do - I can only hope I do what's right, what I think is right at least.

On a different, but kinda the same note, I translated the texts in the video to Swedish, since I know a few that aren't very good at English but I want to know about and watch the video about Peter. He was known as "Baby P" because a judge decided that his mothers, stepfather and his name would not be announced, but a while after "Baby P"s real name was announced and the name of his murderers where told to the public. And we can now remember Peter Connelly and honor him for the short time he spent here on Earth, and hope that where ever he may be he is safe, loved and cared for - The things he wasn't when he was here.

At the keys
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment