Search This Blog

Oct 14, 2010

Work in progress.

”So if I asked, would you say ‘Yes’?” She asked him, as they walked towards her home.
“Asked what?” She sighed.
“What have we been talking about for the last couple of minutes?” He looked at her with an raised eyebrow. “ A date, perhaps?”
“Oh.” He said looking straight ahead again, they said nothing to each other and a few minutes later, they walked through her front door.
“You want coffee?” She asked, walking into the kitchen putting the groceries in the fridge, and starting with the coffee before his ‘Yes, please’ answer from the other room could be heard.

She gave him his cup and sat down next to him in the sofa, pulling her legs up and sipping on her tea; “Yes.” She looked at him, questioning what he just said, “Yes I would go out with you on a date.” She smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder as he placed his arm around her.


A night they’d decided to meet with an old friend of hers that was back in town; “So how long have the two of you been an item?” Her friend asked as he left to get them another drink.
“We’re not together.” She stated, her friend raised an eyebrow which she noticed; “We’re friends.”
“But there’s something, right?” Her friend continued.
“No, will probably never be either. I mean I love him, probably more then I should and more than I’m allowing myself to see. Yeah I know it doesn’t make much sense.” Her eyes went back to him, where he was standing in the bar.
“I’ve known you for years, and I’ve never seen you as happy as you are together with that dude, honestly, do something about it.”
“Nothing to do, he knows I love him and he doesn’t love me like that.”
“Wait, he knows how you feel about him,” she nodded, “and he’s not keeping his distance or taking advantage of you?”
“I’m the one taking advantage of the situation, not him. And sure it’s screwing me up when it comes to meeting someone else, since I’m comparing them all to him and how he makes me feel and yet there’s no one fitting that place. Especially not when he has a tendency to be somewhere around when I do meet with someone…”
“Wait a minute, he’s the guy that was ‘in the way’ when you met with my friend?” The blush on her face confirmed it. “So you’re not together, he’s the guy that comes pretty much whenever you call for him, you refer to things as ‘yours’ not his or hers – yours, and from what I gathered from the others – No shush I talk with others – the two of you are as together as two people can be without actually kissing in public. Oh and yes I know what else you do.”
“Here’s your drinks ladies.” He put the drinks in front of them. “Heh miss, what’s wrong?”
“You’ll have to excuse her, I think I pressed a little too much of, um, lets’ go with reality, for her to take in at this moment.”


“People think we’re together, did you know that? Actually, my family all probably thinks that as well.” He didn’t even turn towards her. “Are you listening?”
“Yes.”
“And you have nothing to say?”
“What do you want me to say?”
“I don’t know, something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment