Search This Blog

Nov 28, 2010

Hilo

Hilo everyone

So it’s Sunday 28th  of November 2010 today, also the first Advent today, and I went to church with my grandmother. And I must say I actually enjoyed going to church.

Let me start with that my 80 year old grandmother met up with her cousin, whom I presume is around her age as well and that cousins’ neighbor and they (cousin and grandmother) told me that the neighbor was young, and when comparing to the two of them I guess she was, since she was ‘only’ 68. It was entertaining listening to them talk, especially about the people that came, ‘He’s become old hasn’t he?’, ‘Look a lot of old ladies here.’ And seriously when two 80 year olds comments that there’s ‘old ladies’ around them, you can’t not laugh.

One of the priests talked about giving each other more time to give an impression, during those 30-60sec that we give each other now is maybe just a little too short time. He also told a story, about a missionary that was out in a dessert and his Jeep broke down, so instead of waiting by the car he started walking towards the village he was headed for. Some time later he was faced with lions, before they were to close he kneeled and prayed to God to help him, a few meters from him the lions stopped. They put their paws together and thanked God for the food. – Now that was not the story I thought he would tell, but there’s always two ways to anything. And I did enjoy that story. He made some other great point, which I at the moment can’t talk about since I’m working on them on my own.

So in the middle of me writing this I’m also trying to get my room in order, which isn’t an easy task I might add. However I am getting there, slowly, eventually I’ll be able to take up the Christmas things and decorate.

I’ve booked Sunday 12th as my ‘Advent gathering’, so I have two weeks to get everything done – such as baking, cleaning and shopping.

I have however ironed the curtains and I hung them yesterday. I need to find pots for the flowers I bought the other day.

No actually it’s playing stupid games on facebook, cleaning, packing/unpacking and writing this.

Well I probably had something else to add. *shrugs* That will be another post then.

For now, be safe
With love
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment