Search This Blog

Aug 21, 2010

Voting

I’ve realized that I have been a little short on the ‘opinions of things in the world’, thought I would be more focus on that then I have but //shurgs// things happen I guess.

In less than a month we have election here in Sweden, and I seriously have no idea how I’m voting. I thought I had a little more information about the parties, but my mind as been occupied by other things it seems. One thing I do believe is that if you don’t vote – You have no right, or rather I don’t think you have deserved the right to complain about how things are if you haven’t even cast your vote. I mean of course people that are too young to vote, or were when the election took place sure complain but if you are of age and are allowed to but decide not to vote I don’t think you have a right to complain. Maybe that’s just me but that’s what I think.

So we have two wings, like always the left and the right and then we have the middle parties those that have a little of both but not enough of neither to actually fit properly in to one wing, and of course there’s not just a couple of parties to choose from, from either wing either. No, and to actually make an educated decision, one should look them all up. So that is my plan for now, looking them up. Probably not going to have looked them all up completely but should be able to make a good decision from the information I’ll gather.

I do have some ideas what most of them are about, and frankly there’s a few that have a few plus points already. There’s one party that has a great plan concerning school policy, though there’s a lot of other things I disagree with them about. So then it’s down to counting pros and cons.

A friend and I said some time ago that we should start our own party, disregarding wings and just focus on what we want to make better. And frankly both wings have great points, though on completely different notes.

Could I vote on a party that has a great notion for schools but goes against my ethical views? Could I possible live with that? I think that’s the big decision can you vote for a party with many notions/ideas that you agree on but one major notion that goes against pretty much everything you stand for/believes in?

So I guess this turned out to be more questions than actual opinions, or questions are a part of opinions are they not?

No comments:

Post a Comment