Search This Blog

May 4, 2010

We just want you to be happy

How the f**k do you go from pleasing everyone else to actually pleasing yourself with things you like/love doing? I mean pleasing everyone would be making myself happy, then they would be happy as well...but how do I make myself happy? What do I like doing? What do I enjoy in life? What makes me happy? *looks around herself* Hmm, I seriously don't know what makes me happy...
My stepmother called me last Friday, told me that they missed me, that there were a void where I used to be, that they just want me to be happy, feel good about myself, not pressure myself into doing things I don't want/can do when I feel like I've done/do. And then all the things I've told myself they want from me, all the pressure I've put on myself on their account, all that just lifted off my chest. Like a big stone was lifted from me so I for the first time in a really long time actually could breath.
A very strange feeling I might add. So here I am trying to figure out what makes me happy...
Anyone got suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment