Search This Blog

Jan 4, 2011

Do you remember

This poem I wrote three-ish years ago. Please read to the end of the post.


Do you remember?

by ~Unelore

Do you remember?
All those years ago?
When you held me close,
letting me cry in your arms?

When things got worse,
you held me until all my tears had dried out

Do you remember;
lying down next to each other?
listening to me cry in your arms?
comforting me when things got out of hand?
just being there?

Because I do

I remember
all those years ago
when you held me close
letting me cry in your arms

Being held 'til I calmed down

lying next to you
listening to you sleep
Remembering your arms around me
when things got out of hand

I remember you being there
And I miss you
I really do

I miss listening to you slow breathing 
right there next to me
I miss the feeling of safety
in your arms
I miss everything
I took for granted

I miss you...
---
I have someone like that again in my life, someone that I feel safe with again. Someone that doesn't care about all the shit I've been through, someone that helps me stand when I've fallen, someone that I treasure with all my heart.


I'm going through my things on dA when I read this poem again and realized that I have what I missed back then. And that's a very nice thing to realize I must say.


With love
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment