Search This Blog

Jan 5, 2011

Choices

Choices

by ~Unelore

We all have choices in life right? We choose how we live, where we work, who we live with, right?
No. That's not completely right. Because we are born in to this life without a choice. Then our parents, if we are lucky to have them, decides where we live and with whom. They decide where we go to school and they always wants us to do well in school. 
But for some of us that isn't the easiest part to do. Some of us are made fun of, bullied, picked and even kicked at. And that my friend is the first time you can really decide something for yourself. Stand up for what is happening or just get kicked around or do the kicking around. That choice didn't our parents make. We did.
Then our parents makes the decision to who we are allowed to see, some of us have the unluck to be able to hang with whomever we choose. Simply because our parents doesn't care. Then there is those who aren't allowed to 'hang' with others then their parents 'friends' kids. 
And this is where we learn to either dislike society because of the lack of carrying for the poor or dislike it because of they raises the taxes to get more money to those in need.

Don't think that your way at seeing at life doesn't have anything to do with where you where born and how you where raised. Or that it doesn't have anything to do with where you did get your education, if you were that lucky to have gotten one. Because, my friend, that matters more then other things.

What I'm about to tell you is how many see things;
If you where poor growing up, you will be poor when you're an adult.
If you where rich growing up, you will have money when you're an adult.
And here's where most people think that there's no way that anything could change, but you see this is where they are wrong.
A poor person can become rich, by things like saving, getting an education or just by plain luck; win at the lottery.
A rich person can become poor in so many ways that I have no energy to write them up, and I would probably miss a lot of them to if I would try.

So what is it that I am trying to say with this? That we can't choose at all? That everything is ruled by chance?

No, not really. I mean, it's luck if you get born into a family with money and yet unlucky if it turns out that the only thing that matters is the money. I would rather consider myself lucky if I was born in a less fortunate but loving family, that doesn't care for money more then a way to pay the bills and put food on the table.

And yet I think that with all my babble we haven't really become any wiser, have we? 

Then I choose to stop this, and you, friend, can choose to think about what I've said in this weird text of sort, or choose not to.

It's up to you.

My regards to you,
L.A.T.E

No comments:

Post a Comment