Search This Blog

Mar 19, 2015

I don't even

I was talking with my brother earlier, you know the usual stuff, and about how their weekend back home had been.
And just like anyones hometown there are bound to be rumors.
"Did you hear about X? Y told W who told Q who told me that X had___."

An old family friend had heard I was in therapy because my mother had abused ( if we got it right) when I was a kid. So our family friend asked their son (friend of my brother) if maybe they should be there for us.
The son then talked to my brother.

Let's get some things straight, my mother might have abused me Mentally (still in no way ok) and I've been in therapy for just that but my mother has been dead for almost FIVE years. I live in another town with my partner in our apartment with our cats and we're trying to add to our family.
NOTHING anyone has to say or offer can change my childhood or my time as a teen. What my mother did can't be changed.
I've spent over a decade in and out of therapy working on relearning the things she taught me, learning that I am worth something among other things.
So what could possibly be good about trying to "be here for me"? So many years after the fact. I am a child of an addict - I learned to accept that as a fact when I was 19.
I am now five months from turning 27, I have people that support me now especially when I'm not even aware of my need for their support.
And I still have things to work on in my life, will always have some of the past there to remind me of where I don't want to end up.

It's just a little to late. Focus on your own life.
And should you want me something, just to know if what you heard is right, just ask ME instead.

I will go back to my burrito-ing in the sofa.

Stay safe
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment