Search This Blog

Aug 16, 2013

GAD and why I'm not really answering

I've written before, a lot, about my anxiety and some of my phobia, but I have also been diagnosed with GAD (Generalized anxiety disorder)
A few weeks ago I contacted my doctor because my anxiety had gotten out of hand, so I have now started with medicine, I have conversational therapy and I am now "sick-listed" (sjukskriven) for four weeks. Which means I will not finish school in September, I have asked for some more time which has been offered so I see no trouble with it.
I only have about four tests and an assignment left to do so I shouldn't have much left when I get back, which (word of the day) lessen the anxiety some.

Sadly week 3-5 with my medicine (since I have eaten it before) is my "down time" and next week will be the three year anniversary of my mothers death, so I will not be talking to others much. And if I don't respond or such please don't be offended, I just can't really handle anything or anyone else right now. If you want to just check in, send me a text/IM/pm and I will respond when I can. If it's something important, call, if I don't pick up: call my partner (if it's important).

I felt that I needed to write this because I think I have "shrugged" people off lately and I know from experience that one can start to think one has done something, but right now it's not something any of you have done. I can't handle others right now.

As part of my therapy I have to start writing again, so maybe you'll hear more from me and if it's extremely dark things I post it's "just" me getting it out of my system.

With love
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment